Start the year afresh
Posted by on January 08, 2018 at 2:12 PM
We at the Bridge Alliance believe that each one of us can make a difference. We believe that collectively there is no limit to what We the People can do.
So be creative. Use your talents. Have fun. Create your own personal call to action for 2018.
Make a resolution to improve our democracy.
Pick your favorite way to help and commit to doing so:
- Sign a Petition
- Volunteer Your time: Actively engaged people can make a difference. Need an idea, contact us.
- Speak to 1 new person a month who holds differing political views, host a Jefferson Dinner or a Living Room Conversation, read a publication that represents a different viewpoint (AllSides.com)
- Become an e-Activist: Pick a few organizations and stay in touch and involved via following on Twitter, Facebook, and/or via email.
- Donate Whatever you can afford: Just $10, $25, or $50 a month can make a difference. Make it a monthly donation if possible. It helps organizations budget if they know that they are getting a consistent influx.
- Spread the Word: Just spread the word about organizations, events, or petitions that you believe in.
- Attend a community meeting: Need an idea? Contact us.
- Write Letters to the Editor focused on your vision of how to improve and revitalize our democracy
- Run for Office: Sound crazy? - Start in your own back yard and see how it goes.
- Or just make sure to vote in not just the big elections but in local town elections for all types of positions, and primaries as well
Now is the time. A year from now you may wish you started today.
If you have other great ideas to share with our community we’d love to hear your thoughts.