Public Engagement Strategy Workshop
Posted byon September 04, 2017 at 10:30 AM
Looking for assistance with organizing and sustaining productive public engagement? Struggling to decide how to use online engagement tools? Need expert advice on bringing together a diverse critical mass of people?
Our member, Public Agenda, is bringing their Public Engagement Strategy Workshop to the University of Illinois at Chicago on October 19th. This workshop will provide you with the tools and resources you need to authentically engage stakeholders in thoughtful, democratic processes. Public Agenda trainers Matt Leighninger and Nicole Cabral, will:
- Provide an overview of the strengths and limitations of public engagement today;
- Help you assess the strengths and weaknesses of public engagement in your community;
- Explore potential benefits of more sustained forms of participation,
- Develop practical skills for planning for stronger engagement infrastructure; and
- Demonstrate a mix of small group and large group discussions, interactive exercises, case studies and practical application exercises.