Daily Resource Highlight - 5/17/2021
Posted by Bridge Alliance Education Fund on May 17, 2021 at 1:28 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
05/11/2021 - ActiVote Teams Up with National Vote at Home to Keep YOU Informed
If there is one thing we love, it’s when Bridge Alliance members team up. Today, ActiVote teamed up with the National Vote at Home Institute to educate voters on various innovations and reforms designed to make voting easier -- and secure -- for all Americans. This kicks off a week-long event where National Vote at Home will help ActiVote users understand the various bills being considered in their state.
If you want to know more about what your state legislators are proposing and considering, download the ActiVote app today.
Meanwhile, National Vote at Home Institute isn’t the only Bridge Alliance member working with ActiVote. Listen First Project (LFP) recently asked ActiVote users their thoughts on divisions in America; part of the lead up to America Talks and the National Week of Conversation. LFP also asked users’ thoughts on federal legislation to support education in American civics and history.
You can read more about that bill and what your fellow Americans think about it by downloading the ActiVote app today and scrolling to the May 3rd activity.
05/13/2021 - General Wesley Clark Wants to Help You Be a Leader
We are proud to tell you that General Wesley Clark’s Renew America Together (RATO) has joined the Bridge Alliance. We will tell you about all of the new members in an upcoming newsletter, but RATO has a great opportunity that we don’t want you to miss. They are hosting a comprehensive leadership training course called the Civility Leadership Institute -- and the deadline is tomorrow.
If you are interested in understanding and honing your leadership style and communications skills to help bridge our divided nation, this is a fantastic opportunity. Participants will be asked to invest $497 dollars and commit to one 7-hour session each month from July through September, and will interact with national leaders like General Clark, former Representative Bob Inglis, and others. Once again, the deadline is tomorrow, so apply today.
Meanwhile, if you’re a young America looking for youth-oriented leadership training, Junior State of America is offering three different courses this summer:
- Junior State of America ($295 from June 12 - 26): Burd Institute
- Junior State of America ($750 from July 6 -23): JSA Civic Immersion Program
- Junior State of America ($295 from July 31 - August 16): Young Women's Leadership Institute
In the future, many of these events will likely be in-person and therefore cost more, so take advantage while you can!
- AllSides - May 3rd, 2021: Political Polarization is the New Bigotry
- American Promise (video): National Citizen Leadership Conference
- Braver Angels (podcast) May 6th, 2021: Libertarianism in America | Nick Gillespie with John Wood, Jr.
- Civil Squared - May 11th, 2021: Is everything political?
- Fair Vote (video) May 4th, 2021: Webinar 2021: The Basics of Ranked Choice Voting Administration
- The Flip Side - May 7th, 2021: Vaccine IP Waiver
- The Flip Side - May 10th, 2021: Jobs Report
- The Flip Side - May 11th, 2021: Colonial Pipeline
- The Flip Side - May 13th, 2021: Inflation
- Independent Voter News + Unite America - May 5th, 2021: Bill To Give Parties Control over Congressional Primaries in Louisiana Dropped
- IssueVoter: Should the CDC release racial and other demographic data pertaining to COVID-19?
- IssueVoter: Should Congress condemn anti-Asian sentiment related to COVID-19?
- Listen First Project (video) May 5th, 2021: #Listen First Friday Voices of America in One Room
- Project on Government Oversight (video) May 3rd, 2021: Testimony: Supporting Legislation to Expose and Prevent Corruption
- Project on Government Oversight - May 7th, 2021: POGO Calls on Congress to Enhance Congressional Oversight of Safety and Security Issues
- R Street Institute - April 29th, 2021: Are other countries reciprocating U.S. climate promises?
- R Street Institute (report) April 30th, 2021: Teleheath, Fraud and Complexity: Considerations for Policymakers
- R Street Institute (study) May 10th, 2021: Enhancing State and Local Cybersecurity Responses
- R Street Institute - May 12th, 2021: Ranked-Choice Voting: A Conservative Election Reform
- Renew America Together (application due May 14): Civility Leadership Institute
- RepresentUs: What The Census Data Means for Your Vote
- Stand Up Republic: Electoral Reform