Daily Resource Highlight - 3/15/2021
Posted by Michelle Dickson on March 15, 2021 at 8:53 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
3/09/2021 - Celebrating Women with BA Members and Partners
March is Women’s History Month and -- here at the Bridge Alliance Education Fund -- we’re all about it. The healthy self-governance movement is full of strong women who are actively stewarding our democratic republic toward a better, brighter future. Indeed, half of all executives in the Bridge Alliance are women! Meanwhile, Bridge Alliance member Ballotpedia recently put together a fascinating snapshot of women’s growing influence in our government.
If you want to really immerse yourself in female-created content, we suggest heading over to Conscious Good TV, one of our newest strategic partners and a premier streamer of “consciously curated media.” This month, their homepage is dedicated to stories by and about women and female filmmakers.
Look out for other Women’s History Month inspired content as well, like American Promise’s article highlighting female suffragist leaders!
3/11/2021 - These Organizations Want to PAY for Your Reform Campaign
There are several electoral reform concepts that have gained substantial momentum in recent years, including ranked choice voting, open primaries, vote-by-mail, and anti-gerrymandering measures. Advocates of these reforms earned big victories in 2020, including in Virginia and Alaska (and in St. Louis for approval voting advocates!).
Unite America and RepresentUs want to build on those successes, and they’re ready to put money on the table to make it happen. Meet the Campaign Accelerator Awards, where 20 promising electoral reform campaigns will receive grants averaging $25,000.
To be clear, these grants are not for well-established campaigns. Instead, Unite America and RepresentUs are looking for cross-partisan, grassroots groups who have a plan of action for enacting one or more of these reforms into law, but need a cash infusion to support their efforts. If this sounds like you and your fellow advocates, fill out this form by March 22nd.
For more information on these Awards and their requirements, please click here. Again, the deadline is March 22nd.
- ActiVote - March 7th, 2021: What does America think of a $15 minimum wage?
- AllSides - March 4th, 2021: When #MeToo Matters (If It's The Other Party)
- AllSides - March 6th, 2021: Reducing Polarization: Research Says Typical Republicans and Democrats are Moderate, Only Talk Politics Occasionally
- American Promise - March 4th, 2021: Citizen Leader Spotlight: Women Leaders of the Suffragist Movement
- American Public Square (podcast) March 4th, 2021: Will Democrats Win or Lose in 2022?
- Ballotpedia - March 8th, 2021: On International Women's Day, here's data about women in government and politics
- Braver Angels (video) March 5th, 2021: Braver Angels Debate: Voter Fraud, Voter Suppression, and the 2020 Election
- Braver Angels (podcast) March 8th, 2021: The Courage to Connect | Ciaran O’Connor and John Wood, Jr. join Tristan Harris on the Humane Tech Podcast
- Civil Squared - March 9th, 2021: Conflict resolution, close to home
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - March 10th, 2021: How High Are Federal Interest Payments?
- Convergence (guide): Online Dialogue Guide
- The Flip Side - March 4th, 2021: COVID Relief Bill
- The Flip Side - March 5th, 2021: HR 1 Passes House
- The Flip Side - March 8th, 2021: Dr. Seuss
- The Flip Side - March 10th, 2021: Senate Filibuster
- The Flip Side - March 11th, 2021: Border Surge
- Independent Voter News - March 5th, 2021: Closed Primaries Disenfranchise Millions of Young People
- IssueVoter (form): IssueVoter Advisory Board Member Inquiry
- IssueVoter: Should the electoral college be abolished in favor of a popular vote system by the states and the District of Columbia?
- Listen First Project (video) March 2nd, 2021: Tedd Drezner (#ListenFirst Friday)
- Project on Government Oversight - March 4th, 2021: The U.S. Just Created a Public Beneficial Ownership Registry for a Subset of Companies
- R Street Institute - March 1st, 2021: Can Republicans and Democrats finally address the national debt?
- R Street Institute - March 2nd, 2021: A Compromise Moratorium
- R Street Institute (podcast) March 5th, 2021: What makes American democracy work?
- Reclaim The American Dream (video) March 8th, 2021: War Stories & Honest Fear
- RepresentUs (video) March 10th, 2021: We Agree
- Stand Up Republic - March 10th, 2021: Our Next Fight Starts Today