Daily Resource Highlight - 2/22/2021
Posted by on February 22, 2021 at 1:31 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
2/17/2021 - Black History Month with iCivics
Long before I joined the Bridge Alliance staff, I was a big fan of iCivics. They are masters at turning civics lessons into fun games. And I don’t mean “fun for kids,” but just plain fun for anybody who likes to learn (I started playing after graduating from college).
iCivics doesn’t just do games, though. They also have an impressive and enormously valuable database of lesson plans. There’s a reason that over 120,000 teachers use iCivics’ resources for their classes.
With February being Black History Month, iCivics has curated some of their own resources, as well as partner resources, to encourage learning and thoughtful discussions about the contributions of Black Americans to the nation. To access these resources, register for a free account, either as an educator / parent or as a student. It’s simple, easy, and a no-brainer for anybody teaching civics either at home or at school!
- AllSides - February 12th, 2021: When a Party Has to Balance Between Politics and Principle
- AllSides (survey) February 2021: AllSides User Survey: February 2021
- Ballotpedia: United States Senate elections, 2022
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - February 11th, 2021: CBO Debt Baseline Emphasizes Need to Better Target COVID Relief Bill
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - February 12th, 2021: Voices Skeptical of the Size of $1.9 Trillion COVID Relief Plan
- The Flip Sides - February 16th, 2021: Trump Acquitted by Senate
- iCivics (Lesson Plans) February 1st, 2021: Black History Month: Lesson Plans and Resources for the Classroom
- Listen First Project/The Reunited States (video) February 12th, 2021: Red & Blue Carpet Event Live Recording