Daily Resource Highlight 1/25/2021
Posted by on January 25, 2021 at 4:52 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
1/19/2021 - Looking for something to do on Saturday? How about a chat?
This Saturday, hundreds of civic-minded people will meet for one-on-one and small group discussions about issues that matter to all Americans. These conversations will be facilitated by AllSides as part of their AllSides Talks program. If you would like to join, simply answer which Presidential candidate you preferred in 2020 (at the bottom of the page). AllSides will then ask you a few more questions. Once you have answered them, AllSides will attempt to match you with your political opposite for Saturday.
This is a great opportunity to break out of your bubble and better understand people with different perspectives, and to do so in a safe environment.
If you’re interested in this kind of work but can’t make it this Saturday, consider applying for Citizen University’s Civic Saturday Fellowship. Fellows will be taught how to organize Civic Saturdays, and thereby bring a renewed sense of civic purpose to their communities. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so be sure to get yours in soon!
1/21/2021 - New President, New Senate, Same Mission
Yesterday, Joe Biden became the 46th President of the United States. The change in leadership has different meanings to different people. And signals different priorities within our system of governance. The political pendulum has swung once again.
For the Bridge Alliance and the Bridge Alliance Education Fund, though, not much changes. The system is still broken and our nation is fiercely divided. The work that Bridge Alliance members are doing remains vital, and we remain as determined as ever to support their cross-partisan work. Most importantly, your support of and contributions to the Healthy Self-Governance Movement continue to be essential.
There’s a lot that needs to be done, but we are resolute in our mission and optimistic that -- by the end of 2021 -- we will be that much closer to achieving our goal of healthy self-governance in America.
- AllSides - January 18th, 2021: Martin Luther King Jr.'s Value of Nonviolence Shared by Democrats and Republicans
- American Promise - January 18th, 2021: Celebrating Martin Luther King’s Life by Fighting for Democracy
- Ballotpedia: Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine distribution by state
- Campus Election Engagement Project (job description): Chief Executive Officer
- Citizen University (application form for next program due January 16th or until full): Apply To The Civic Saturday Fellowship
- Civil Squared (podcast) December 21st, 2020: 2020 Gems Part I: Civil Discourse Tips
- Civil Squared - January 12th, 2021: What can I say?
- Civil Squared - January 19th, 2021: Mixing business and politics
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - January 11th, 2021: Debt Cancellation and SALT Cap Repeal Would Benefit Higher Earners
- Independent Voter News/Take Back Our Republic (podcast) January 15th, 2021: Take Back Our Republic: The Conservatives Fighting to End Dark Money in Politics
- R Street Institute - December 27th, 2020: How to protect taxpayers’ investments in COVID-19 vaccines
- R Street Institute - December 29th, 2020: The Conservative Disposition
- R Street Institute (podcast) January 1st, 2021: Will Congress change how it operates in 2021?
- R Street Institute (job position): Elections Fellow, Governance
- R Street Institute - January 20th, 2020: Removing Confederate Statues from Capitol Will Send a Strong Message to Rioters