Daily Resource Highlight - 11/30/2020
Posted by on December 07, 2020 at 12:38 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
12/2/2020 - The Hispanic Leadership Fund Joins the Alliance! And More FOBs
We are thrilled to announce that the Hispanic Leadership Fund (HLF) has joined the Bridge Alliance family. HLF is dedicated to addressing a wide array of issues that affect American Hispanics across the country, including economics, immigration, and healthcare. We are confident that HLF will be a valuable collaborative partner within the Alliance, as well as a valuable resource for our supporters.
Second, we would like to give a big shout out to Rick Raddatz, Morris Effron, Patricia Brown, and Amanda Kathryn Roman for joining our new Friends of Bridge (FOB) program. The FOB program provides a straightforward path for individuals to get involved with / contribute to the healthy self-governance movement (as well as get exclusive FOB merchandise). If that sounds exciting to you, check out the program today!
12/4/2020 - Are You A Common Sense American?
The National Institute for Civil Discourse (NICD) wants to know if you’re a Common Sense American. If you are, then you should join the 24,000+ Americans who have already taken the CommonSense Commitment. The Commitment is simple:
- Read a non-partisan briefing on an important issue facing the nation
- Contact your representatives with your thoughts on the issue
What makes this program different and interesting is that NICD is not looking for consensus on the issues. Instead, they are asking ordinary citizens to become informed on an issue and then give their honest opinion to their representatives, whatever that opinion is.
- AllSides - November 23rd, 2020: Humans are Ultra-Social: COVID-19 Is Emotionally Tough This Thanksgiving, Politics Aside
- AllSides - December 3rd, 2020: An Unexpected Collaboration: Billionaires George Soros, Charles Koch Fund Veterans Groups With Common Goals
- Braver Angels - November 23rd, 2020: Antiracism, Blackness and What Killed Michael Brown | Shelby Steele with John Wood, Jr.
- The Center for the Study of Liberty (podcast) November 23rd, 2020: Can Business Help Reduce Polarization?
- The Center for The Study of Liberty - December 1st, 2020: Who do we thank for COVID vaccines?
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - November 25th, 2020: Policymakers Should Avoid Austerity in Addressing the Debt
- Institute for Cultural Evolution (podcast with Carter Phipps, Founder): Thinking Ahead
- National Civic League - November 25th, 2020: Time to Talk—and Listen
- National Civic League (application): Download the 2021 All-America City Award Application
- National Conversation Project (video) November 25th, 2020: Pearce Godwin, Listen First Project (#ListenFirst Friday)
- Participatory Budgeting Project (response form): How would you spend $26,000 to make participatory democracy better?
- Project on Government Oversight - December 3rd, 2020: Corrupted: Digging Into the Data
- Public Agenda - November 19th, 2020: New “Healthier Democracies” initiative will bring learning about democratic innovation to the U.S.
- R Street Institute - November 20th, 2020: Tech & Innovation: Priorities for 2021 and Beyond
- Reclaim - November 24th, 2020: 2020 Campaign Spending Goes Through the Roof
- RepresentUs (campaign): Alaska: Measure 2
- Young Invincibles (report) December 2nd, 2020: The Path Forward: A Bold Policy Agenda for Young People, by Young People