Daily Resource Highlight - 11/16/2020-11/23/2020
Posted by Bridge Alliance Education Fund on November 26, 2020 at 4:00 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
11/17/2020 - Center for the Study of Liberty -> Civil Squared
With the election in the rearview mirror, though, it gives us great pride to elevate Civil Squared -- a Bridge Alliance member that has consistently and successfully built bridges among Americans of all ideologies. Formerly the Center for the Study of Liberty, Civil Squared underwent a brand transformation in October to better reflect the work it was already doing.
As CS explains it, their old name “conveyed a very formal tone, and at times that formality was out of step with the feeling of intellectual adventure we wanted to inspire.” Civil Squared, on the other hand, reflects their belief “that civil discourse is one of the most effective solutions to our country’s challenges” and their goal to multiple civil discourse exponentially. We are excited by CS’ rebranding and encourage you to check out all they have to offer.
11/24/2020 - Introducing a Great Way to Get Involved -- Friends of Bridge!
Beginning today, you can join the Friends of Bridge program, which gives dedicated supporters new ways to directly support our work. By committing to a monthly, tax-deductible contribution, you can enjoy an array of exclusive benefits, including:
- Friends of Bridge merchandise;
- Confidential briefings on future programming and partnerships;
- Endowment of a Bridge Alliance paid internship;
- Membership on the Friends Advisory Board;
- Receiving the exclusive, Friends-Only Daily Resource;
- Access to the Friends of Bridge website and Facebook group;
- And more!
- ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge (survey): Share your student voter experience here.
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - November 18th, 2020: Canceling Student Loan Debt Is Poor Economic Stimulus
- Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget - November 12th, 2020: Opportunities for Bipartisanship in a Divided Government
- Congressional Management Foundation (program): Life in Congress
- Project on Government Oversight - November 18th, 2020: Preventing Presidents from Abusing Force at Home
- R Street Institute (study) November 2020: Fake News, Real Policy: Combatting Fear and Misinformation in Criminal Justice
- Reclaim - November 19th, 2020: Alaska OKs Reforms to Break Partisan Gridlock
- Unite America - November 19th, 2020: North to the Future: Alaska leads the way, passing sweeping election reform via ballot initiative