Daily Resource Highlight - 05/31/2022
Posted by on May 31, 2022 at 5:14 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of this past week’s Daily* Resource.
May 24, 2022 - AllSides Survey Bias needs your input!
We’ll be sending out abbreviated newsletters for the next week or two, while our trusted colleagues battle the dreaded virus in multiple states. Please stay safe out there and take precautions to protect yourself and others.
Today, Bridge Alliance member, AllSides, is requesting your input on their media bias ratings. The survey walks you through a series of headlines, asking you to rate the left, center or right bias. It was fun and just took a few minutes! You can participate yourself here.
Thank you for participating and supporting Bridge Alliance.
May 26, 2022 - Country is in a Sensitive State
It is no secret that our country has been in a sensitive state following the recent traumatic events. Without getting into heartbreaking details or debating whose ideology has the right idea about preventing these instances, it is important to recognize that regardless of politics, our human commonality is that none of us would wish this to happen to ourselves or our loved ones.
As awful as these instances are, I think they teach us a very important lesson. Our differences in belief, lifestyle, political ideology, etc do not take away from the fact that we all want the same things from our democracy and society; peace, opportunity, and to thrive. It also shows us that we all have a responsibility to keep ourselves informed and hold our government responsible for ensuring our protection as citizens.
Organizations like Living Room Conversations provide resources to help people of all backgrounds (preferably differing backgrounds) to discuss important matters such as Guns and Responsibility and Peacebuilding in the United States. Bill Track 50 also offers daily email alerts with a super streamlined just-the-facts grid that makes tracking legislation easy as it changes in these hypercritical times.
These recent tragedies have been impactful and Bridge Alliance members have already begun publishing resources catering to dialogue, balanced and factual information, government accountability and community outreach. Citizen Connect’s new On-Demand Content feature is a great place to start keeping up with efforts being put towards strengthening our democracy to ensure a safer and more just future. From podcasts on taking direct action against hate to videos about the status of political polarization in America and potential solutions, let Citizen Connect be your hub.
- AllSides (blog) May 16th: When No One Wants To Be the Pro-Business Party
- BillTrack50 (blog) May 17th: Abortion & Trigger Laws
- Citizen University (blog) Apr 27th: The head, heart, and hands of citizenship
- Convergence Center for Policy Resolution (brief) Apr 30th: Strategies for Housing-Based Supports
- FairVote (blog) May 16th: Nevada’s innovative use of RCV in 2020 gave greater voice to voters
- Interactivity Foundation (blog) May 12th: Hidden Heroes: Fred Korematsu
- Participatory Budgeting Project (form) due May 31st: PB2 for PBP
- Narratives Project (blog) May 19th: What is replacement theory?
- National Vote at Home Institute (report) May 23rd: Evaluating Mail-Based Security for Electoral Processes Using Attack Trees
- Nonprofit Vote (blog) Apr 28th: Webinar: Voter ID - What You Need to Know & How You Can Help
- RepresentUs (blog) May 13th: What Is The “Spoiler Effect” And How Do We Solve It?
- The Flip Side (newsletter) May 18th: Campaign Finance Struck Down