Daily Resource Highlight - 8/31/2020
Posted by Bridge Alliance Education Fund on September 03, 2020 at 4:06 PM
Below are the highlights and featured resources of last week’s Daily* Resources.
9/1/2020 - I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies
The subject line of this email is a snippet of the oath that every civil servant must take before working for the U.S. government. It was also a friend’s reply to a Facebook post by Bridge Alliance Co-Founder, Debilyn Molineaux asking people what principles they are willing to defend. Debilyn explains that this commitment to fight for our republic is shared across partisan and ideological divides and provides fertile opportunity for common ground.
In keeping with that theme, Braver Angels brought two Black women together to talk -- one a staunch conservative Republican (Kira Davis) and the other a staunch progressive Democrat (Dominique DiPrima).
9/3/2020 - With Malice Toward None
Braver Angels is doing its part to temper these emotions before a single vote is counted with its new initiative called “With Malice Toward None” -- a phrase lifted from Abraham Lincoln’s second inaugural address.
In other words, Braver Angels is asking people to pre-commit to treating their fellow Americans well, even as national tensions run high immediately before and after November 3rd. Braver Angels will then host events for both sides of the divide before bringing the two sides together to promote understanding and encourage moving forward together.
- ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge (webpage): Campus Couch Parties
- Braver Angels - August 28th, 2020: Bridging Black Perspectives | Dominique DiPrima meets Kira Davis with John Wood, Jr.
- (event - November 4th): With Malice Toward None
- With Malice Toward None Leader Resources
- (pledge) With Malice Toward None Pledge
- National Civic League (videos) August 26th, 2020: Workshops and Speeches from AAC 2020
- ReConsider - August 31st, 2020: Introducing: ReConsider’s Sheriff Election Lookup