Communications and Social Media Intern
The Bridge Alliance is a coalition of ~100 organizations working individually and together to achieve healthy self-governance in our nation. The Bridge Alliance itself is committed to promoting the work of its members and encouraging collaboration among members to reach our collective goal of galvanizing 12 million citizens to become active participants in the movement by 2024.
We are looking for an undergraduate (or recent graduate) intern who can assist with the myriad of tasks necessary to maintain and expand our message on Bridge Alliance’s social media platforms. The intern will have the opportunity to join our weekly team calls, participate as a contributing member of the communications team, as well as learn about how an ambitious non-profit organization operates and develops over time.
The person who fills the role of Communications and Social Media Intern will assist with amplification focused on the members of the Citizen Connect platform for the Spring 2023 semester. This includes selecting content, designing posts for all platforms, and helping to develop distinct voices for amplifying members on the platforms for each of the 4 initiatives (Bridge Alliance, Citizen Connect, Coffee Party, The Fulcrum).
The ideal intern will:
- Have a demonstrated interest in democracy/politics
- Be open to differing viewpoints, both among member organizations and within the Bridge Alliance team;
- Be a self-starter with excellent attention to detail;
- Be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing;
- Have excellent time and task management skills;
- Have basic competency with Google Drive;
- Have basic competency with Excel;
- Be able to assist in the design of all digital assets for social media, video, and web, as well as special event assets;
- Be familiar with task managers (Asana) and/or shared calendars (Google Calendar);
- Be familiar with Canva, Zoom, and Slack;
- Be comfortable with learning new technology and applications.
This internship is great for somebody with creative, solution-seeking skills, as there will be opportunities to propose new ideas and execute them.
Please note that the Bridge Alliance is a fully distributed team and interested candidates must have personal access to a laptop or computer and a reliable internet connection.
This is an unpaid internship. The Bridge Alliance will cooperate with your academic institution to secure school credits for the work you complete. A personal letter of recommendation or a being recommended to an organization within our network is also available upon performance. We anticipate this internship to begin in mid-January 2023 and conclude in May 2023 at the close of the academic semester.
If you are interested in this position, please submit a cover letter explaining what course of study would benefit from this internship, your resume, and link to your data portfolio or a specific project. Please email [email protected]. Thank you for your interest!