(One) America Declares Its Independence! And lots of opportunities to get involved.
Posted by Bridge Alliance Education Fund on September 19, 2019 at 5:21 PM
Featured Blog Post: The War on Empathy
Visit The Fulcrum for nonpartisan news coverage of the democracy reform movement!
First of all, we would like to congratulate Bridge Alliance member One America Movement for its new status as an independent non-profit organization. This is a significant step for an already powerful organization working towards building a society rooted in connections. You can learn more about their work on their website.
Second, I was browsing through Member e-newsletters and was struck by the number of options that exist for people to get involved in the democracy reform movement. A sampling of these opportunities are laid out below in two categories: (1) events and (2) digital calls to action.
You can also see a list of upcoming Member events in our “Upcoming Conferences and Events” Google Doc.
- IndependentVoting.org’s 19th Annual Anti-Corruption Award on October 25th
- “Local Patriotism” -- Village Square’s first dinner in the 2019-2020 Village Square Dinner at the Square Season on October 1st
- The end of RepresentUs’ Renaldo Pearson’s 700 mile walk to the Capitol on Friday, September 20th
- Stand Up Republic’s Hill Days on September 23rd and 24th to learn about / apply direct advocacy techniques
- R Street’s Roundtable on Juvenile Justice on September 26th
Digital Calls to Action
- Take the #ListenFirst pledge and check out their resources for conversations on Guns & Responsibility
- Get a free Approval Voting sticker from the Center for Election Science
- Join Stand Up Republic in urging your Senators to Support Election Security
- Take POGO’s Constitution Quiz
This is just a small portion of the many ways you can get involved with the Bridge Alliance’s member organizations. To find out more, go to each organization’s website by clicking their “link” icon on the Bridge Alliance website.
As always, thank you for your support.
Bridge Alliance Education Fund
Bridge Alliance Members in the News:
Listen First Project - AP News - Conversation starters ready to go on ’ReCONNECT NC Day
Independent Voter Project - Independent Voter News - Can a Common Sense Party Bring Political Competition to California?
New Hampshire Listens - New Hampshire Public Radio - After Racist Bullying In Hampton Schools, Advocates See Slow Progress On New Equity Approach